Pumpkin foods are LIFE!! One big reason I’m SO into autumn! I love Trader Joe’s gluten free pumpkin mixes. I’ve tried both the pancake and bread/muffin mix. I used the bread mix for the first time, forcibly due to the pancake mix being sold out at the location I went to, and I’m SO glad! This bread mix is tasty delicious, and I’m really happy with how it turned out with my own twists to the mix.
- Your favorite pumpkin bread/muffin mix (pictured below): half amount of box mix
- Unsweetened Orgain Protein Powder: same amount as the box mix
- I’m obsessed with this plant protein! I have found that I feel better when I consume it daily, because it provides nutrients that increase and stabilize my energy! And it’s a clean protein powder, compared to most on the market. Also, it has a very subtle taste and has the consistency of flour! It can be found at Costco and online.
Features: Plant-based, dairy free, non-GMO, lactose free, soy freeDietary Needs: Gluten free, sugar free, Organic certified, Vegan, Kosher, Non-GMO Project Verified
- Optional suggested ingredients:
- Pumpkin Spice mix (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, all spice)
- Chocolate nibs or chips
- Crushed nuts: almonds or walnuts are tasty good!
- VEGAN tip substitute! The bread mix will likely call for eggs so instead use a flaxseed mixture! Its SO easy to make and works amazingly! Go here to learn how: https://bit.ly/2C6ubR8.
- Follow the the box mix directions and add in your favorite things to spice up the pumpkin vibes!
Why eat more pumpkin?
One thing is for sure — pumpkins aren’t just for carving or pie making. This seasonal fruit offers health-boosting properties. It is also a delicious ingredient for soup, muffins or even pancakes. Eating more pumpkin will benefit you in a number of ways, including the following!
1. It offers health-boosting antioxidants
2. It can protect your eyes
3. It boosts your fiber intake
4. It can protect your heart
5. It can improve male reproductive function
6. It’s great for expecting mommies
7. It can reduce inflammation
8. It boosts your magnesium consumption
9. It offers a source of healthy fats
For more specific info on these health benefits go HERE
Hope you enjoy this recipe!