This month recipe theme is heart health! I’m so excited about this recipe! It’s a sweet, satisfying treat, that just takes minutes to make!
- Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut yogurt (dairy free): 1 C
- Raspberries, frozen: 15 oz.
- Lemon juice, fresh: ⅓ C
- Fresh lemon zest: 2 tsp
- Honey: 3 Tbsp
- Option: garnish with fresh mint leaves
- In blender add all ingredients
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Serve immediately or for a more solid consistency place in an airtight container and put in freezer for 1-2 hours
Raspberries: a component of them provides anti-inflammatory benefits that can support the heart. Studies have shown that raspberries have the highest efficiency of releasing nitric oxide, which helps improve blood flow. In addition, it has polyphenols that have shown it to be effective for those with peripheral artery disease. All together, raspberries may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, as well as boost the overall health of the heart.
Happy weekend! Hope you sweeten it up by making this delicious healthy treat!
Source: Dr. Axe
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.