About 10 dozen 1” square cracker
- Flax seeds: 2 Tbsp
- Rosemary herb: 1 Tsp
- Onion powder: ¼ tsp
- Garlic salt: ½ tsp
- Pepper: ½ tsp
- Parmesan cheese: ¼ C
- Almond Flour: 1 ¾ C
- *Finely ground (rather than coarse-ground) blanched almond flour makes the crispiest crackers.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl add ground flaxseed to 6 Tbsp water and let sit for 5-10 minutes
- In a medium bowl mix together salt, pepper, rosemary and onion powder
- Add the almond flour, and mix
- Add flaxseed/water mixture and stir to make a cohesive dough.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of parchment. Pat it out with your hands, and top with an additional piece of parchment.. Roll the dough out to about 1/8″ thickness; it should be about 10″ x 12″, or larger.
- Remove the top paper, and use a pizza wheel or knife to cut 1″ squares. Move the cut crackers, along with their parchment, to the baking sheet.
- Bake the crackers for 14 to 16 minutes, until they’re light golden brown. The crackers around the perimeter will tend to brown more quickly, so transfer those to a cooling rack and return the pan to the oven to finish baking the remaining center crackers.
- Cool the crackers completely before transferring them to an airtight bag for room-temperature storage.
Flax seeds High in Omega 3 fatty acids, lowers cholesterol, high in antioxidants. Can help prevent damage and disease in the heart’s major blood vessels.
Almonds are a healthy monounsaturated fat and contains antioxidants that support heart health and prevent heart problems and disease. Almonds specifically supply antioxidant flavonoids, plant-based compounds present in the skin of almonds that work with vitamin E to improve artery health and reduce inflammation.
Almonds also have key nutrients including arginine, magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium and potassium that are essential to healthy heart function. They also can prevent damage from forming within artery walls and protect against dangerous plaque buildup. They make a great food to support healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Derived from recipe: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-almond-flour-crackers-recipe
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.