Vegan, GF, DF
- Chia seeds: 1/4 C
- Hemp hearts: 1/4 C
- Coconut Milk (canned or carton): 1 C
- Fresh fruit of choice
- Honey or Coconut Palm Sugar: 1 Tbsp
- Organic nut butter (almond is my fav!): 2 Tbsp
- Unsweetened toasted coconut flakes: 2 Tbsp
- Optional: top with favorite nut or seeds (ex: cashews, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- Soak chia seeds and hemp hearts in milk, in a cereal bowl overnight.
- Add sweetener, nut butter and fruit.
- Top with coconut flakes, nuts and/or seeds.
Chia seeds are referred to as superfoods because of their nutritional punch. They are a great source of fiber, omega fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants. Fiber helps slow digestion and makes you feel fuller. It also expands in your digestive tract, getting things moving, if you know what I mean!
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.