Ever since I was a little girl, I have been exposed to essential oils. My mom gravitated towards them, as me and my siblings were constantly sick and medications never seemed to be always effective. I absolutely love these small, but powerful bottle of herbs, because of the nostalgia and how it’s made my physical, emotional, and environmental health so much better!
Last week, I traveled for a work convention in Las Vegas, and was inspired to share my go-to essentials oils that I have on me while traveling and in my everyday bag. I like that oils are easy to have on me due to their small size, getting immediate results, and having confidence in avoiding sickness. (Check out my experience on how I stayed healthy by using essential oils HERE while traveling Europe for 32 days – under the section Travel Tips -> Packing.)
So here it is, my go-to essential oils for travel and everyday life!
- Immune booster. This oil gives my immune system a little something extra to support and assist my body from illness and getting over an illness relatively quick.
- Lemon. This is great for cleansing the air, or my favorite use is putting a drop in each glass/bottle of water I drink, as it has powerful abilities to clear out bacterial and other yucky substances.
- Peppermint. This is my tummy, breathing, fever, and fresh breath support.
- When I feel nauseous from anxiety, food digestion issues, or lack of sleep it helps my digestive track to calm down and be at peace. I can’t even count the amount of times it has helped me with this (by inhaling and my drinking 1 drop in a glass of water).
- It’s also effective on me when I feel I struggle to breath due to poor air quality or sinus congestion. It gets the airflow a movin’ in those lungs!
- This is a great support to help reduce feeling hot when I’m feverish.
- When I need to freshen up that breath, I get that instantly!
- Migraine Support. This is a freaking lifesaver for me. A few years ago I would get constant migraines (for whatever reasons I couldn’t figure out) and nothing would touch it, not even pain relief meds, which is always my last resort. I discovered this oil from Rocky Mountain Oils and it is the only thing to relief my awful migraine pain.
- Frankincense. This oil amplifies the effect and frequency of other oils, as it is a Bible oil. I have used it for intense coughing, pain, relaxation, and to assist me in being grounded/centered. It also has many other benefits and uses.
- Jasmine. This is my grounding oil. When I’m feeling all over the place, overwhelmed, sad, or just need a boost I resort to Jasmine. The smell alone is incredibly beautiful.
- Lavender. This is the best for me to reduce stress, anxiety and support and relief of burns.
- Deep Cleanser. This is a special blend that contains: Black Spruce, Cypress, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Eucalyptus Globulus, Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pine, Sage, Tea Tree and Thyme Thymol. I use it to clean my environment, specifically when traveling I mist the sheets, doorknobs, air and anything else I have direct contact with. This kills anything living that I don’t want getting to me! This was a huge lifesaver when I travelled Europe in hostels. It reduced my stress knowing I was more protected from bed bugs, and bacterial/viral things. Also, another use is I add a few drops in with my laundry detergent. I have felt a difference in the way my clothes feel, and how fresh they smell.
These are just the few of many oils I use, but these are definitely ESSENTIAL when I travel and to have on me everyday! You never know, when you need them in an emergency setting, or a quick relief from an unexpected onset of physical or emotional distress. Just yesterday, I got stung by a freaking life jacket while doing fitness dancing at my friends and used my Frankincense/Lavender blend I had on me and the pain/swelling was gone within minutes!
I know they aren’t for everyone, but I encourage you to give one a try that you feel resonates with you! You may find it’ll help bring your healthy back!
For additional benefits and uses for these essential oils and others, this is a great resource by Dr. Axe HERE.
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.