It’s Autumn, FINALLY! My very most favorite time of the year! In celebration of the season, I was inspired to create a healthy and yummy snack/treat, from a recent buy of exclusive pumpkin spice flavored almonds.
I have made a few batches, had some mouths try it out, and I’m thinking it’s a win! Plus, all ingredients are available at most grocery stores, and it’s super fast and easy to make! So, here it is!
Autumn Spice Trail Mix
Raw & Organic Honey: 2 tbsp
Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
Pumpkin Pie Spice: 2 tbsp
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes: 1 bag – 7 oz.
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Cacao Chocolate: 1 tbsp
Pumpkin Spice Almonds: 3/4 c
*The 100% cacao brand I got is super bitter, but I didn’t mind. You may want cacao that’s 60-85%, or if you’re more of a milk chocolate fan, that would work! Feel free to adjust any amount of ingredients or substitutes ingredients from ideas below, to tailor to you taste buds!
Raw/organic honey for store bought honey
Pumpkin Pie Spice for cinnamon spice
Cacao (dark chocolate) for milk chocolate, etc.
Pumpkin Spice Almonds for any almond type (raw, roasted+salted, etc.)
*Pumpkin Pie Spice contains cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice*
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet w/ parchment paper (coat w/ coconut oil) or with a non-stick lining (pictured).
- In a mixing bowl, measure out the honey, spice, oil and put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add coconut flakes to bowl; gently stir to evenly coat.
- Evenly place the coconut mixture on the baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, add in the cacao, salt, and almonds, then stir.
- If you don’t want the chocolate to melt and take flavor with the coconut flakes, then wait till mixture is completely cool to add in, so its mini chocolate chunks/chips.
Tada! You got yourself a tasty and quite healthy trip to enjoy and celebrate the season! Even the babies will love it! My niece couldn’t get enough of it.
~Here are a few health benefits of each ingredient ~
Raw & Organic Honey: natural sugar with several minerals to support the body
Coconut oil: great natural fat source that supports healthy brain and cell function
Pumpkin spice mix: helps support healthy blood sugar, reduce inflammation, increased immune function
Coconut: great natural fat source that supports healthy brain and cell function
Sea Salt: mineral essential for health and wellbeing
Cacao chocolate: an antioxidant that supports reduce cell oxidation
Almonds: great natural plant fat source
Happy baking, and I sure hope you enjoy!
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.