Paleo, Vegan, GF, DF
- 1 Medium fresh pineapple, trimmed and sliced into 8 slices (¼ – ½ inch thick)
- Coconut based yogurt: 1 C
- Blueberries: ½ C
- Macadamia Nuts, lightly toasted: ¼ C
- Coconut flakes, lightly toasted: ¼ C
- Spread each slice of pineapple w/ 2 Tbsps yogurt.
- Top w/ blueberries, nuts and coconut.
- Drizzle w/ honey.
One medium pineapple contains about 13 grams of fiber. Because of its high fiber content, one of the benefit of it promotes bowl regularity and healthy digestion.
Bromelain is a protein enzyme naturally present in pineapple that assists in breaking down food. It’s great at reducing inflammation and swelling in the body, especially for the digestive system. A recent study was done on 100 mice who suffered from colitis (inflammation of the colon), and the results showed that long term dietary supplementation with fresh or unpasteurized frozen pineapple juice with active bromelain enzymes is safe and effectively decreases inflammation severity. Bromelain can in addition ease symptoms of bloating, acid reflux, gas, etc.
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.