As a child I looked forward to my breakfast bowl of warm, comforting cream of wheat! BUT, that all changed when I was a teenager diagnosed with several food allergies, including wheat and dairy. I am no longer allergic to these foods, but I have found an increase in my energy, and overall health when I eat higher alkaline foods. This recipe is extremely heathy, delicious, and super easy to make in just a few minutes!
This recipe is low carb, keto friendly, gluten and dairy free!
- Chia Seeds: 2 Tbsp
- Flax Seed ground: 2 Tbsp
- Coconut Flakes (unsweetened): 2 Tbsp
- Almond Butter or nut butter of choice (no sugar added): 1 Tbsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Xylitol sweetener: 1 tsp
- Water: 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk (So Delicious or Silk brand unsweetened): 1/4 – 1/2 cup
*I recommend not buying flaxseed pre-ground as it turns into a trans fat when exposed to oxygen in its ground state. You can grind the seeds in a coffee grinder or Blendtec blender. Both work well.
- In a glass cereal bowl add the chia seeds, flaxseed, coconut flakes, salt and water.
- Microwave for about 1 minute or until majority of the water has been absorb by the ingredients.
- Remove from microwave, add nut butter and sweetener to mixture and stir.
- Add coconut milk
Carbs: 7.5 g (net)
Protein: 9.5 g
Fat: 34 g
Flaxseed and Chia seed:
- High in antioxidants to assist in preventing free radical damage to cells
- Usually grown organically & non-GMO
- Great for the digestive system feeding healthy bacteria & scrubbing the yuck out
- Great source of plant protein which highly absorbable (can be 90%) then to a different source of protein
- May support w/ fat loss due to the high fiber & packed nutrients
- May support healthy bones
- Can detoxify the body due to the omega-3, fiber, protein…Assisting in repairing cells, & reducing inflammation
- Natural beauty food that feeds your skin, hair & nails with their healthy fats, proteins, & minerals
- May help prevent many diseases and cancers
- May support decrease menopausal & hormonal imbalance symptoms
- Low carb
I hope you enjoy this super yummy, comforting, healthy cereal!
This page provides information from my personal experience and education only. It is not to be considered medical advice. I’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.